Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Financially upset

When one faces financial problem and feels uncertain about his money, he will gradually go into denial. That is when every second is an emotional and monetary burden. While PTPTN has enslaved many of my peers upon graduation, I am grateful that I have yet to worsen my debt with a car loan.

While my family and sozai disagree kao kao, I strongly believe that the multicash savings plan that I signed up recently will benefit me in future. Save RM6000 annually for a decade and interest will accumulate to the age of 70 (wonder if I can live that long). By doing so, they claim that I 'freeze' largely of my cash from unforeseen circumstances. I couldn't agree more with that. 

However, I understand anyone who puts 100% of their money into a single investment is asking for pain and anguish. Two components combine to create an allocation plan; financial situation and risk. The kind of change that can trigger significant allocation changes are disability, critical illness, employment or income change, and more. Unless one of these changes significantly, there should be only modest adjustment in allocation. I may be poor in finance management, I am not close to a level so crazy that I leave myself cashless. Though not stable at the moment, I am confident that securing my financial future is achievable in time to come. On top of that, the savings comes with small insurance features. The definition of insurance is too general to describe but if I die today, I will at least not burden my parents with my existing debts.

And I am desperately looking for a part time job with super flexible work time. The commitments are killing me away. Seriously, I am bad with financial planning.




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

11 comments:

  1. halo...
    i didn't reject kao kao pun lor...
    I just ask you to consider the other factor... >.<
    In the end, I support lor...
    btw, it act as an insurance also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. saving money is a good thing but starving urself to save up isn't

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe u can aim for a lower aim rather than RM6000, maybe RM4000 for the first 2 years?? better you save slowly and not jump to the top when you're not stable yet, just my opinion~ ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with Orange-Wee. Saving up financially is one thing. You will first need to make sure your health is also secured first. in this case, I'm talking about H&S benefits. Medical Bills can go very high these days. Get an Insurance policy first would be my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Ichimaru said, saving is a good thing but don't starving yourself or just eat bread all the time.

    I know you don't starving yourself. Eat proper meal wor..=D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to have some long term investment plans but also plan for some cash in hand too and you ought to eat more! lols.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time to start a savings plan! :) IT's good to think of your future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom got cheated by an agent from Great Eastern before...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Ichimaru.
    Be clear about your goals and know how much you can spend on these instruments.
    There's life insurance attached to it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. edwin: itu la rejection/ objection i am talking about.

    ichi: i do eat proper meals, ok? more than you, perhaps?

    orange: i thought of rm12k at first, but now i did it at half the amount. that's a lot lower, kan?

    vincent: yes i do eat bread but i eat rice and mee also.

    greg: in fact, i agree with what you said. coincidentally, my next plan is to equip myself a medical insurance.

    khai: now i kena makan a lot jor. apa apa rubbish also makan now haha

    pikey: i will show you what i am capable of when we meet.

    savante: agree and heading that direction.

    bern: sorry to hear that. well, let's hope i dont face the same fate, and i trust that agent 'coz he's my friend.

    william: i know my financial limit very well, worry not ^^. and yes there is a life insurance attached. not a big amount, though.

    ReplyDelete