Monday, December 15, 2008

Turn back the pendulum. The Memories of Nobody

It looks like the year 2008 is drawing its curtain near to an end. Some flashback just shot my memory pit when I was cleaning my house for CNY. So I picked some of the memories which draw my attention, put them here in honour of preserving them. Here we go, THE MEMORIES OF NOBODY.

1.

I was cleaning up the old photo albums soaked in dust in the cupboard. I came across some of my old friends photos, primary school photos, scouts photos, parents wedding photos, parents childhood photos, etc. When I saw my uncle's family photo in our family photo album (I wonder why it is here in the 1st place), it simply struck my mind. Where's my family photo? After few hours browsing, I could only find one. Only one, I wonder? And that was like 17 years ago. If mention bout my cousins, they are only these cousins who are close to me. At least we chat and play rather than staring each other during CNY. We were once very close brothers but when time passed, puberty reached and we were never the same as 10 years ago. That was long time ago and now we are normal friends.

18 years ago. From left: Me, cousin brother Chun Kiat, gor gor Chen Choong, cousin brother Chun Wei

My only family photo (17 years ago). From left: Me, mum, dad, gor gor



2.

One day I was cleaning up the cupboard full of toys. Toys from my childhood past. I came across many figurines nicely thrown in the cupboard, soaked in dust too. I still remember, Power Rangers Thunder Megazord was a gift from my parents when I was in Standard 5 (10 years ago) when Power Rangers was still the best TV show we had. Then we had Cyber Cops figurines which are 11 years old by now. And the 1st version of Nintendo Game Boy aged 10 years old. They were presents for my outstanding performance in exams. I was once the top scorer in the class. Once and long time ago. Imagine these out of production artifacts are in the cupboard and still in good form. If I put them in auction, how much could I earn?

Thunder Megazord + White Tigerzord + Mega Tigerzord
 
Cyber Cops. From left: Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Mercury

Non-colour Game Boy
 
There are also plush dolls together with other toys. I remember very well how each of them came to me. I cleaned them up, and wrapped them again nicely. After all, a boy with plush dolls make me looks younger, don't you agree?
 
My Ultraman is missing!!!


3.

I have this so-called mail box in my brother's room. Briefly describe, it is just a simple box to keep some of my personal belongings. Unlike my treasure box, it holds documents (certs, bills, receipts) rather than souvenirs. I have few other boxes such as old clothes box and 林宇中 box. One day I came across 2 little pieces of blue papers in my mail box. They are read this way:-

One of my true Victorian brothers... Sometimes really don't know why you're so blur - but in the same time damn funny LOL!!! – Phon

Work hard for N&R and the board! An honour having you as an editor and friend. Press on, like a mountain in the wind! – Ben

Moon Cake notes – 2006

I wonder if Phon or Ben will remember bout this. These 2 papers were passed to me together with moon cakes during Moon Cake Festival 2006 in VI. The same 2 papers made me think back of my Form 6 life, again! U6BF, VEB - my purpose of Form 6. Or my Form 6's purpose? I just can't describe how I felt, as there are too much and this little blog space can never fit everything in place.

My VEB committee 2006 + U6BF 2006 - countless joy and tormenting memories



4.

Mum used to be a babysitter for my neighbour's children. My mum used to take care of 2 brother babies. Although she had stopped taking care of them since last year, this particular younger baby always (everyday) drop by my house, to have fun with us (I rather say disturb). Anyway he lives directly next door. And it's very hard to get him on camera... But it's even harder to put the elder baby into camera screen.

Nga Nga Nga *(My name is Ang Guan Ping. 2 years old)* - 30 Oct 2008

Peace. I am Valentine Killer Ang Guan Khai (DOB: 14 Feb 2004)



5.

I had my recent haircut on the same birthday of Fiona and Chu Chun Hong... Silver Cut in Genting Klang.

After hair cut - 22 Nov 2008

Tried to style my hair. OK/ Fail? - 11 Dec 2008


6.

The anticipation and anxiety to meet him was once again fulfilled when he, yes HE, 林宇中 visited The Mines Exhibition Hall for his new released album promo tour. As the ambassador of the book fair, he entertained the crowd on the last day of the book fair (23rd Nov 2008). Of 'coz in the end of the day, he laid his hand on mine, exchanged thanks and welcome courtesy motion.

第十届书香国际中文书展宣传大使林宇中






The book fair was even noisier than any market you have ever seen. As the greatly advertised International Chinese book fair encouraged many Chinese readers to participate this event, as a pure Chinese I was able to brush aside the crowd, read Doraemon and look through some recipe books. You do know why, don't you? I don't know bout the sales, but the 1 week event definitely attracted many people from all around KL.

书香很热闹噢~

7.

If I lost you, my love,
I don't know what I'd do~
You're all that I need,
the one I admire~
As time goes by,
I will love you more~

Love never comes if you don't seize the opportunity. Love never goes if you learn to hold it tight, learn to loosen at correct timing. Love is all around. Just like money. It's up to you whether you know how to earn the love or not. And do not blame others for your not-found love.

 

Love is all around. To the only one I love... Took 10 minutes to complete. Nice bo?

8.

Homosapien = cruel. Imagine these homosapiens who claim these earth their belonging and manipulate the earth resources in any way they wanted to, cannot even show simple sympathy to this new born kittens. Come on, look at them. They are so cute. So tiny. So weak. So hungry. So cold. They can't even open their eyes and they were thrown under the sun? What if it rains? You homosapiens who show no sympathy to other livings don't have right to treat them this way. But I don't give these kitten any damn either, 'coz they are none of my business. I am a homosapien too, right? Muahaha...

Poor little kittens

9.

I am glad there are people still giving me presents for my birthday. Unexpected but very cute oh. But I don't know where to put them. Can give me idea where to hang them?

Libra and Taurus McDao - 2 months after my bday

A pot of rose and stars - a month after my bday

10.

Since CNY is round the corner, I brought mum to Times Square KL to buy some new clothes. It was a tiring day, since we had been walking from 12 noon to 6 evening. She bought a new blouse while I unexpectedly bought a new pair of shoes. As tradition goes in my family, we buy new shoes only when the old pair reaches a minimum age of 5 years. Since my Converse was less than 1 year old and she bought me a new pair, I thought maybe her brain fuse has gone haywire ^^

B.U.M. shoes. Original RM 99.90. Discount 50% to RM 49.95. Nice?

 

 

[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

No comments:

Post a Comment