Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why must cakes be sweet?

This could be an overdue post only recently was inspired to write, however. On the 13th of March, of certain reasons we didn't get into Alice and her wonderland but instead Pikey, Bear and Nicholas together with me and Edwin landed our asses in Midvalley Secret Recipe - to kill some time.

Each of them picked their choices: Pecan Butterscotch, Durian Cheese, Chocolate Indulgence and Marble Cheese. Other than Marble Cheese, the rest were overly sweet and utterly yucky to me. Scratching my head to make a choice, I opened my mouth few times to speak but ended up only spewing silence. There are things that people will do even though they know it's pointless. No matter how pointless it is, they must do it in order to collect themselves. Even if it is a useless waste of energy, the action will be repeated. I am out of options. Now, I have to say it.

Do you guys take fiber cake?
NO!!! answered four of them unanimously and almost simultaneously only Nicholas sided me (edited and added 01 April 2010).
Why not? It's less sweet and close to tasteless.
That's why!

When such a perception becomes a reality, you have a clear challenge to change. Overpowered, I gave up the idea of sweetless dessert, my finger randomly landed on Chocolate Banana. Haiz... Diabetes!!!

Gazing at the peach coloured sky, I can't help to question my great sense of taste. Putting it a bit more bluntly, I am weird. 'Coz I lose my sweet tooth a decade ago. Don't get me wrong, I can never get enough eye candies.

I would really appreciate cake makers who satisfy our lust for something different. Let's try some bitter or sour cakes, shall we? They could sound very different and new and... weird as well.

But seriously, isn't there anyone on my side? Urghh!




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

16 comments:

  1. my roomie, pikey introduced your blog to me and i said to him " he writes so well T_T" hahahaha anyway, just my 2 yen, i dun mind a fiber cake as long as it is delicious and cakes in jpn is never overly sweet so far to me and cakes in msia are kinda heavy most of the time...have a good day, you who knows how to shoot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya... me too!!!
    i hate those cakes are overly sweet.
    sweet does not equals to delicious.
    previously, i like cakes in secret recipe very much but now, no more.
    i am going into customised cakes recently. this is the website, u may order from him through the phone and speak out wat u need eg. less sweet, more alcohol and etc.

    http://fatboybakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. huh!!!!..Did i vote NO???...hahaha..:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry, I can't live without sugar!~ XD budden overly sweet is a totally different thing, which is why I don't really fancy doughnuts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. me me... I like fiber cheese cake.

    Maybe you can try NY cheese cake?

    or low sugar moist cho cake if they still sell...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why... The pomegranate dessert we had is the best! xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tasting most of those cakes that day I still prefer blurberry cheese. Marble is okay too. Others are... NO NO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hhhhmmm.. .actually I dont eating fiber cake one if I'm not wearing braces... that day, the combo of all the cakes were just too heavy... ~.~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ask the baker to dump aspartame into your cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like things that ain't that sweet till it makes me puke.My favoutite cake is tiramisu (Alexis)

    ReplyDelete
  11. any cakes will do on the table...but aint no guarantee that i'll enjoy it,i chomp it instantly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweetness is ok but too much sweet is not ok

    ReplyDelete
  13. my god!!!!! I prefer chocolate, yummy~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  14. manglish: ooo i must thank him for introducing then. and nice to see you here. i write normally, nothing close to superb. i have never been to japan >.<. most of the cakes in secret recipe are creamy and sweet. nevermind i bought a piece 2 days ago and makan sendiri muahaha.

    chu: itu site... your friend lai de ke? i can try la but whole cake is so expensive...

    nicholas: come to think of it, i think you were on my side... omg omg omg mistake! sorry!

    greg: donuts, if eaten with coffee, can be amazing you know? but the coffee is super expensive which is why i... dont take coffee.

    khai: low sugar moist chocolate? never heard before haha. high 5 on fiber cake!

    kenji: yes it's the best, 'coz we were having it together. the feeling might be different if i eat with other people ^^

    bear: others are no no but you still eat... seriously, secret recipe can try smelly cake, like taufu busuk. sure nice...

    pikey: i dont think the cake's nut and bla bla bla that hard that your braces cannot manage ^^

    william: artificial sweetener is also sweet ma...

    ichimaru: tiramisu is also sweet >.<

    bradley: i guess you wont see me on the same table with you for cakes haha.

    ahmad: agree. feel like dipping the cakes into the black coffee.

    orange: chocolate not nice la. dirty my mouth lol




    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete
  15. i want cakes leh... after reading your blog this afternoon, i went to have cheese cakes at a cafe n drinking coffee myself... i didnt know tat life is so wonderful being alone... i enjoyed that silent afternoon with my cake n coffee... we will have cakes n coffee one day ya.. cheers..

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha never ask me along...




    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete