Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My English is so very the powderful

It was long ago I use English as a language to converse other than in presentation. It is time to realize that my English is bad, especially in daily conversation. One is Kenji (few months ago), and then Dexter (an hour ago). These English educated people whom I met recently speak good English. Not to mention they are good looking too. It never come to my attention me so low and weak compared to them. They don't use bombastic or poetic or philosophical terms, but the way they converse actually surprised me and I was fascinated at their choices of words. Honestly I never feel this bad till I speak to them face to face. Simple yet polite while my English pasar doesn't match, so to speak. Of 'coz I don't have problem understanding them, somehow I feel low standing next to them. They must be thinking I speak weird English.

Ben and Denise speak good English too. But as we speak, they lower down their level so much for people like me to understand. To think that our difference is this much bothers me. It's only fair I blame myself for being weak. I tried not to think of this but that was proving difficult. What other ways can I improve if people around me mostly use Chinese as intermediary language? Ok I will start reading from today.




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

10 comments:

  1. I believe that you should really speak more. You said your problem here is in conversing, and I don't see "poor English" in your blog, you can write really well if you ask me. Speak more, and read to increase your vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, you are right about ben and denise...even malau also, i think their English levels are at a whole different level compare to mine...it is difficult when everyone around you chooses not to speak English...

    ReplyDelete
  3. perhaps more phone calls and casual chats in english?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup.. Denise and Ben are superb.. Fiona and u are advanced.. leaving me the novice.. sometimes i feel very shameful due to my english also. Fiona, same case here also, my friends choose not to speak eng and they find speaking english is actually showing off. My english is getting worse by days after my form 6.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey man. This few days, I felt bad about my spoken and written English. I am not as confident as I used to be. Perhaps the lack of proper used of Grammar in Scientific reports. Maybe there are just too much Greek and Latin I forget about the English.

    I am avoiding Pasar Language. I felt much better that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Practice!!! Practice!!!! Practice!!!!
    Stop speaking chinese, mandarin.... stop watching chinese dramas and movies...

    Speak english everytime, everywhere......
    watch english movies, series........
    listen to english songs only, no others.......

    listen to english proper pronunciation.......

    wuahahahahaha......

    v(^o^)v
    Love me by:
    Nicky05

    ReplyDelete
  7. i believe you are well roundedly trained and have a definite level overall. dont compare with people because there will be no end in comparing. i am thousand years away from reaching your level, have you see me whining?

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha...as long as u can understand it's ok, juz listen to more english songs and watch more english dramas, i recommend Heroes and Supernatural and Ghost Whisperer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greg: yes i should speak more. my english sudah berkarat. but don't la say as if i can write but cannot speak at all >.<

    fiona: your level is above mine too. don't worry you are doing good. when everyone around speaks chinese, my chinese improves ^^. so to speak...

    pikey: phone calls are expensive la.

    chu: it is not worth feeling shameful 'coz of your english. even if we force ourselves to speak in english, it seems so fake and topics will run out very easily 'coz we are not used to it.


    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete
  10. yin koon: depending on who we speak to, confidence changes too. haha i am too used to using la, ma and le in my spoken english. too bad >.<

    nicholas: one cannot completely stop his mother tongue. my parents cannot understand english. balancing what we use to speak is more important. and don't assume my pronunciation is bad as you think.

    evan: let's go see murugan again! muahaha. i am not really comparing, but asking myself why am i so weak in speaking.

    ken: i watch english movies and dramas more than chinese. omg i can understand english better than chinese.




    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete