Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weight Gaining Month: 31 March - 1 May

31st March - Jogoya
Biochem G1 launched attacks on Jogoya and resulted a glorious success. We gained sushi, sashimi, abalone, shark fin, lobster, etc etc...


20th April - Jogoya
Again me and Edwin targeted Jogoya and this time we left with an even glorious victory. We massacred many unagis, salmon, more sushis and temaki!!! I was quite satisfied compared to the previous Jogoya attack. But enough is enough. Jogoya is not a place any special for me to think of coming back. Sorry not worth the price and time. I rather choose Shogun.


24th April - Sakae Sushi
A day before my final exams, together with my gor and mama, we hit Sakae Sushi in Bangsar Village for luncher. It was the tea time buffet promotion where you get to eat everything below RM 3.90. Pink plate costs RM 3.90 while green plate costs RM 1.90. This was not the first time I visit Sakae Sushi. The last was... couldn't remember but we had ala carte and spent RM 60 for 3 (gor, mama and me). I never thought I would come back for more.

Holding Pendidikan Moral notes in my hand (next day was the Moral and Meta 2 exams), the 3 of us spent less than RM 100 that day, but we ate sushis, temakis, mee, and more sushis and temakis worth RM 300++ in total!!! I could say this is better than Sushi King's RM 2 promotion. Averagely each of us had 25 plates of RM 3.90. Well done soldiers, we'd won!!!

Food wise, choices are quite limited, nothing special. 1 word to describe - normal. But worth the price... No matter how you look at it, this is much better than the horrible, dirty and limited Genki Sushi and Sushi King conveyor belt sushi.

We went back home with broad smiles of victory that noon but at the expenses of stomach damage. The next day was my exam, how come I wasn't scared of lao sai? Makan dulu then only see how la. Haha but really, buffet is damaging to health. Do not practise this habit too often.

Sakae Sushi @ Bangsar Village II
2F-26/ 27, 2nd Floor,
Bangsar Village II,
2 Jalan Telawi1, Bangsar Baru,
59100 Kuala Lumpur.

29th April - Sushi Zanmai
It was like a dream to me. Gor brought me and mama to Sushi Zanmai for lunch. Sushi Zanmai is no stranger to us by now. Heard from many people and stories that they have more than 20 years of raw material expertise and original Japanese recipes, the food here is supposingly nice, fresh and juicy but slightly expensive. Li Fah's pictures in Facebook assured me. Since gor was treating, I followed my desire obediently to Gardens Sushi Zanmai, for an eye opening meal.

After detail of browsing through the menu and prices, and then comparing to other similar outlets, I think Sushi Zanmai offers dishes of reasonable prices, though the food is unmistakenly expensive. Gor ordered few of the recommended dishes swiftly (mama and me were noob) while we waited hungrily in anticipation.

Needless to say, the food was undoubtedly fresh, aromatic and juicy. Tipping generous portion of food, taste good too. Any comment? MUST TRY! I will definitely return for other dishes, when I have the ability.

The 3 of us spent 100++ for the dishes below, consider it's still a pretty value ^^. The lunch was a quick one, but we underestimated the food, to realize that they were actually very fillling. We went home, and once again with smiles of satisfaction and bloating tummies.


Kakiage Don

Unadon


Temaki and sushi


Soft Shell Crab Maki


Toro salmon (Salmon Belly). My FAVOURITE!!!


Dessert - Choco Banana Parfait. Perfect to round up my lunch.

Sushi Zanmai @ The Gardens
T-217, 3rd Floor,
The Gardens,
Midvalley City,
Lingkaran Syed Putra,
59200 Kuala Lumpur.

30th April - Krispy Kreme + 港饮港食
Malaysia's 1st Krispy Kreme outlet was officially opened on 27th April in Berjaya Times Square. I am not the kind who crazy over doughnuts but I heard Krispy Kreme is the king of doughnut in Australia. My gor bought a dozen of them, to my surprise the doughnuts were still good the next day! But you see, sweet stuff is not my cup...



Krispy Kreme @ Berjaya Times Square
GF, Main Entrance,
No. 1, Jalan Imbi,
55100 Kuala Lumpur.

Meanwhile, me and mama had lunch in 港饮港食, one of the restaurants in Low Yat Plaza. We dined in after sending my baby no. 1 - computer for some service. She'd been looking for the restaurants for so long, wondering how good can the food be. The restaurant was owned by my father's friend's friend from Hong Kong. We were expecting some real Hong Kong delicacies. - edited and added 4th May 2009

French Toast

生虾云吞

Uncle Duck Quarter Bottom Duck

Both of us agreed, the wanton was quite special and couldn't be found anywhere at that price (don't compare with high class restaurants/ hotels). The duck was very succulent in oil and crispy on the outside. While the french toast was just some ordinary french toast for me...

港饮港食 @ Low Yat
LG-18, Plaza Low Yat,
Off Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur.

1st May - Bumbu Bali
Bumbu Bali is the only restaurant I have ever known or heard of that serves Balinese cuisine. I don't know how to describe this place, but rest assured their food is of a kind that will satisfy you, especially those stomach with Neuropeptide Y.

Again my gor treated us family and her gf to Bumbu Bali. You must be wondering why is he so fucking rich treating us here and there? Haha he got his 3 months bonus recently. Who cares? As long as I get to eat, why should I care where his money comes from?

Let's be reminded if you want to try this restaurant, look around the people who are already eating. Check and analyze their portion, see if you can finish the food accordingly. For me, I shared my food with mama and I was still full like hell. Compare the portion and price, they are sweetly matchable, much worthy compared to Chilis or Manhattan (in portion-price wise).

Chicken Lamb Combo

Nasi Ayam Betutu


Campur Campur Tiga


Duly indulgences - Es Campur

This time 5 person spent RM 140 in one night. Again we left with smiles and bloating tummies. Car almost pamcit that night.

Bumbu Bali @ Bandar Sri Puchong
18 & 18-1, Jalan Persiaran Puteri 1,
Bandar Puteri,
47100 Puchong.

It is simply a courtesy to do free promotion and advertising for the restaurants who make us diners smile before leaving.

A month with scrumptious cuisine has somehow affected my weight. No doubt, its 60 kg now lol...




[Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

2 comments:

  1. where is j co??
    some more no pic of me again....
    i will kill u >< hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. j co in the previous post ma... go read la


    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete